“Employees who believe that management is concerned about them as a whole person – not just an employee – are more satisfied, more fulfilled. Satisfied employees mean satisfied customers, which leads to profitability” – Anne M. Mulcahy.
The following standards are practiced within Blydevallei:
- – Give feedback to employees, no matter whether it be positive or negative.
- – Employees must be aware of the business’s status within the market.
- – Employees must be aware of their duties.
- – Rewarding employees for exceptional work provided.
- – Maintaining an honest and respectful environment.
- – Providing a safe and healthy work environment.
- – Protecting employees from sexual abuse.
- – Protecting employees from quid-pro-quo harassment.
Blydevallei currently employs over 700 people on a yearly basis and has a very low employee turnover.